
On to other news....I went home this weekend for a quick trip and got to see the family again. That dang Olivia is just so talkative. We had great fun with our little trained monkey and words.
"Say 'Octopus'"...."Okapus"
"Say "Lasagna'"... "La-yan-ya"
The translation of 'hippopotamus' is way too complicated.
At one point Olivia wandered off into the kitchen and my dad went looking for her. He found her looking intently into the garbage can. My dad said, "Are you looking for trouble in the garbage can?" Bad move. She starts calling out "Trouble...trouble!" Then she walks to the corner cabinet and starts tearing out the tupperware dishes. "Trouble, trouble!" I tried to redirect her out of the kitchen and thought it worked until she walks to the front window and practically starts to scream "Trouble, trouble!" Oh god. Then she starts to cry like she's really distressed. Apparently she thought that trouble was a person and became very upset when Trouble didn't surface. It was heartbreaking and hilarious all at the same time.
Noah is still Mr. Serious, but he is just growing every time I see him. And joy! When I stopped by their house on my way out of town he didn't even cry when he saw me. I held him and he even smiled at me. Baby steps....Just wait till he's older. We'll be pals.
3 comments:
What fun. Children's misunderstandings are hilarious.
Oh and GO SHE-RA!!!!!!!!
Wow, She-Ra is such a blast from the past. I remember when you would play with this stuff for hours.
Olivia has a creative mind just like her Aunty Kathy!
Love,
Momma Jan
Post a Comment