Saturday, March 15, 2008

Creature Feature

So once I realized that anyone can read this blog (i.e. bosses and possibly weirdos off the street), it kind of took the wind out of my sails for a while. So I rebelled by not taking any pictures and deciding not to report the mundane details of our life. But then I got a grip and decided to participate because I enjoy reading your guys' blogs and I hope you like looking at ours, too. But I make no guarantees about the quality of pictures nor the entertaining, witty prose.

But here is something semi-cute one of the creatures did recently. We were all getting ready for bed and the animals assumed their positions. Lily gladly crawled into her kennel and the cats just did their thing. It varies according to their ever-changing moods, but usually Yoda is hanging around our bedroom with her outboard motor turned on high. We don't need to put a jingle-bell collar on her because even our deaf friend Baxter could locate her just by listening.

But this particular night, Yoda wasn't in the bedroom. No big deal, she's probably bellying up to the food bowl for the 25th time that day. I walked out into the
hallway and something catches my eye:


And guiltily slinking the other way was Bingo. Not sure if he buried her alive hoping we'd fall asleep and would find her body in the morning or if she was trying something new. But either way it made me laugh.

And of course, I have to grab my camera and snap a few pictures thinking if I waited too long she'd move. I get down on the ground and take a few different pictures and the little chunk doesn't move the whole time. It was almost like she was waiting for her glamour shots. Just when they start to drive you crazy, the go and do something cute.



1 comment:

Caleb said...

That is cute! And who cares if someone is reading it. They don't know too much about where you live. I was worried fo awhile, but then decided it's life. There are weirdos everywhere.