Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Basement Project

A few weekends ago, my folks visited enroute to MN for their summer. We took that opportunity to get some projects done with the free labor available. First, we epoxied our laundry room floor. It's a fairly spacious room, but it was just a concrete floor and a single dingy light bulb. I don't know I never put a higher-wattage bulb up there, but when we took it down to replace it with shop lights I realized it was a 40-watt bulb! That's like night-light quality. No wonder it was like walking into a cave. So we put this cool epoxy paint down, sprinkled paint chips, and VOILA! What an upgrade.

Step One: Carefully consider electricity. Don't be fooled, I was contributing nothing to this conversation.

Step Two: Read instructions three times. And then read again.
Step Three: Apply epoxy. Scatter chips . Keep saying epoxy because it's a fun word.
Step Four: Inhale paint fumes and apply erratically.
Step Five: Enjoy Gucci basement!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Good job! we had thought we might come see it, but didn't happen. hopefully we can sometime this summer.

KPrince said...

That is awesome...looks great. I am sure you were a VITAL part of the operation Kathy! haha!!