Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas

So we had a fun Christmas. We went back to Brookings to spend the holiday with Eric's family. It was another year of seeing the magic of Christmas through a 5-year old's eyes. Santa even showed up and walked through the front yard waving to Anthony. The look on his face was absolutely priceless. The picture below sums up his expression through the whole night. Actually, this scene really sums it up. I'm not sure who the little kid really was. Whenever Anthony opened a gift and it needed some sort of assembly (which they all do), Eric took it and started putting it together. But Eric seemed to hang onto them a little longer than necessary..."testing" the toy. Anthony was amazingly patient and didn't get grabby at all when Uncle Eric started playing with the cool toys first. He got a light saber, remote controlled cars, fire truck playset, etc. Whew! Eric, er, Anthony had a good Christmas!
The only picture of me that exists from Christmas. I used to love being in pictures, but not these days. I have to at least document, however, that I do exist. We got these great SDSU shirts from Janel, a family friend. We don't have any with the new Jackrabbit logo on it. I love the new logo! He's a really badass Jackrabbit, instead of the Disney rabbit from before.


These were the score of the night for the two big boys. Anthony pretty squarely sides with Eric as a Packers fan. He's often heard saying "Packers fans do this..." That is much to the dismay of his grandpa, a diehard Bears fan. There is much rivalry between the two.
Eric didn't think I'd post this picture...but if you pull stunts like this they get posted. So yeah, I hope our boss is reading this. Anyway, his contempt for Da Bears speaks for itself.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

what a fun Christmas. I love the picture of Anthony and Eric. It is fu nto have children around at Christmas. We were worried you had stopped posting, but good to still hear what is going on.

Anonymous said...

Anthony had a great Christmas sharing his toys with his favorite Uncle and wants to go sledding again with Aunt Kathy at Larsons Hill! Thanks for coming and adding to the festivities! Nothing better than family, friends and food at a Holiday!!!