
Lucky me -- I got a snow day today! It was unexpected actually becuase all the weather was going to the Northern Hills - not Rapid City. I was supposed to get up at 5:15 am to get ready for PT and considered skipping it. Then Eric guilted me into going (which I should be anyway since it's mandatory) so I was all awake and ready to go when I looked out the window in the dark and saw the rain/snow coming down sideways. I decided to take the chance of not going to PT and getting in trouble instead of braving the roads. Because we've learned that looks are deceiving in the Dakotas. If it looks like one thing at our house, then the interstates might be a totally different story. So I went back to bed and then got a call at 0615 that we had a 1000 am start. I was pretty excited for that until we got a call about an hour later saying the base was CLOSED!! So, now I am repeating over and over in my mind "Do NOT waste this day." It seems I always find a way to waste a bonus day off.
We are having a community rummage sale in a few weeks and have been up at my mom and dad's cleaning out old stuff from their crawl space (these pictures just show Day #1 and about half the stuff we have to go through). It's pretty tiring dragging dirty boxes around and fishing through them...but what's more exhausting is taking the trip down memory lane!!! For the first half of the day we only found my brother's old things, which was fun. But then we hit the mother lode with my old stuff and progress halted while I oohed and aahed over all my memories. Eric just stood there rolling his eyes. But it's so hard for me to part with all that stuff. Most of it was from my time in high school and college. Maybe I'm must weird but seeing those things remind of a person I used to be. Not that I don't like me now...but I really loved me then. And that person is gone, hardened by the military life :) (little drama there). But I guess in the end that's what it is -- stuff. The memories surrounding the objects are what's really important. So I decided to take pictures of the things I really want to keep but will end up throwing away. Maybe I'll make a scrapbook. Yeah right. I still need to make a scrapbook from my deployment, trip to Moab w/Keith & Kara, pets, Niece Olivia, Nephew Anthony, our new home, my military stuff..........
2 comments:
Lucky dog!! I wish we could get a snow day!! You have a lot of stuff you can sale! Rock on! I have been trying to work on scrapbooking, unsuccesfully. I decided to just try and do Kenna's......I am up to her 3rd week of life. I have a ways to go.
Yeah, I went for a streak where I was scrappin like crazy, but I haven't done it in so long. I think I feel a little overwhelmed -- but I don't even have a baby! You'll get it. And just remember you don't have to scrap every little moment. :)
Post a Comment