Friday, July 07, 2006

Mount Rushmore 4th



Just wanted to post a picture and some words to let you know that I'm still here and not AWOL. I went up to Mt Rushmore with my brother and his wife for the fireworks on the night of the 3rd. I got some reserved parking passes through work and it was sure nice to have those. I don't think I would have gone if we didn't have easy parking. It hasn't rained around here for months...except the night we go up for fireworks. It rained hard the whole way up there and even when we went to find somewhere to sit. So there weren't too many people outside and we found a sweet spot down the path from the faces. We didn't bring chairs but I had a blanket and Tony had a cooler so we at least had something to sit on. My butt was pretty numb by the end of it. But we waited from 6:30 pm to 9:15 pm for the show to start -- and it lasted 20 minutes!! It was worth it, though. But I don't think I'd brave the crowds and insanity again. We had to wait an hour to leave the parking garage. It was a long night, but fun!!

2 comments:

Caleb said...

Hey Kathy, it was good to hear that you had a fun time, and you should do it at least once in your life right. Where was Eric? Anyway glad it was fun, hope you are settling in well, Kami and Caleb.

Kathy said...

Eric had worked that day and was pretty wiped out (he got a summer job at the base golf course). So he was MIA, but I still had fun with my brother!