Eric got a new job! He'll be working for the state as a dispatcher in State Radio Communications. Contrary to what it sounds like, he'll not be on the listening radio. He'll be dispatching state assets like Highway Patrol and...I'm not sure what else. But it will be in the Department of Public Safety, so that's a step in the right direction for what he wants to do.
On another note, the Honda and I were insulted today. It's been making a sound like playing cards on bicycle spokes under the hood. My dad thought it was an exhaust manifold gasket that had gone bad, so I asked around at work for a recommendation to a local auto shop. The first guy I went to was going out of business that afternoon (should have been my first sign). He recommended another place. I thought mechanics recommended good mechanics. Guess not.
So anyway, I'm pretty sure that when I walked into the place to make the appointment the guy took half a glance at me and thought "Ka-ching! I can take this stupid girl for more than it's worth!" We dropped it off this morning and I never heard back....never heard back...until about 4:50. I called the guy up and asked when they closed -- 5:30. I kind of wondered if he was even planning on calling me back. But he said that they didn't do any work on it because of broken bolts on the head and blowby (who makes these terms up?!) under the oil cap and blah, blah, blah. It was the worst case of blowby he'd ever seen and I don't think he would have been surprised to see aliens sprouting from under the hood, as well. Apparently our Honda is a piece of crap. Then he said, "If I were you, I'd just sell it."
ARE YOU $#%#%@$ KIDDING ME??
We are not going to sell this car because up until this brainiac with charming customer service skills got a hold of it, it was in pretty good condition. It's got 192,000 miles on it (1997 model)...so yeah, it's been put through the paces. But we have been treating it like a child since we got it. It's been regularly serviced and all that. So..the Honda's feelings were a little hurt this afternoon.
And I was peeved (can you tell), because after our Chicken Little phone conversation I was convinced that he played me. I so wish I could talk shop about cars because I would have pulled the bullshit flag on him so fast. But I can't and I didn't so I will tuck my tail and go find a better mechanic who will not take advantage of a "stupid" girl.
And thanks, Dad, for pulling the B.S. flag for me :)
2 comments:
I've dealt with a few mechanics likethat, but when I would go in to pick it up I was lucky becasue my brothers, who do know things about cars, would come with me and ask questions, and things would get a lot nicer towards me. Great job Eric. It's nice to find a job that can take you to the one that you want. Kami
Yeah for Eric and boooo for the stupid mechanic!! What a goob! I am sorry!!
Post a Comment