Thursday, August 30, 2007

I wish I was witty

I wish I was a witty blog writer. I visit some of the blogs of the celebrities of scrapbooking and they are so witty and fun. It's like having a conversation with them. On the other hand, I just blather on and on about nothing in particular. I would like to be a snappy author like Dave Barry or Bill Bryson. Man, are they funny. (Book recommendation: "A Walk in the Woods" and "The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid" by Bill Bryson. All thumbs up).

I need need kids. Preferably my own. Because then I could flex my wit by writing about their daily adventures. I love our pets...but let's face it -- they don't do a whole lot differently from day to day. I guess now I could talk about how Baxter (my mom & dad's dog) is staying with us while my folks are out discovering the world. As a 10-year old "senior," he has started to lose his hearing. But we think he's faking it. He responds well to certain words: food, out, walk. Yet, he miraculously ignores the rest. He's working us over. Plus he has these big, soft eyes that he has used to his advantage over the years. Ah yes...he knows how to fool the stupid humans (read: Eric and I) who fall for his beguiling looks. He even gets so bold as to plop his head down on the chair when we have a snack so as to further the pity. He usually wins. One of his finer qualities is his superior bladder control. Lily is totally special needs compared to him in this department (well...most departments for that matter). But even in the best of man's best friends there must be a weakest link...his is his sensitive gut. He barfs up approximately every third meal we feed him. He also barfs up pretty much everything else that goes down his hatch. I thought dogs could eat bacteria infested roadkill and still come out on top. Guess not him...what a diva. But we love him anyway, the big dummy.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha,,,,thats funny...i remember when baxter ate a WHOLE bag of oreo cookies by himself and didnt throw up or have the scoots the next day. he does have superior bladder control. and about your little mutt...if shes special needs wheres her helmet?

Kathy said...

Wouldn't it be hilarious if we bought her a little shih-tzu sized helmet? Poor Baxter is getting restless around here -- he needs to get home so he can go outside with Dad all day.

Caleb said...

Yes, kids give you plenty to write about. And I think we all wish we were more witty. Lily is so nice, how can you say such things?

KPrince said...

I agree...I want to see some Hildebrandt babies!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kathy, you have creativity as well as wit! It has served you well and will help when you have your own kids. I remember the creative way that you played when you were little and you were always the boss. Other kids did your bidding and believe me, you thought up quite the imaginative play!

Love,
Momma Jan

Anonymous said...

Hey I happen to think you are very witty! I get a good laugh every time I read what you write on here! I'm the one who need to get a few tips on being witty. Oh and seriously, I cannot get my pics and my text to go where I want them! Grrrrrrrr........
You'll have to help me as I am not too bright!