Friday, January 18, 2008

Take your Lily to work day....

So today Lily got to come to work with me. None of this was by her own choice, mind you, but nonetheless she got some variety in her little doggy schedule.


This morning I took her to the vet to get a routine check of some cysts that had been growing on her back. We just decided to remove them since every time we drained them they filled up again (TMI, I know...but it helps the story). So they had to sedate her (her FOURTH time!!!! I haven't even been under the knife that much). She has these wicked-looking stitches now and the vet said to make sure she doesn't lick them. Licking, of course, is Lily's national pastime so Eric and I got a little nervous. How will we ever stop her from licking? Luckily, the stitches are near the base of her tail but this little dog is quite flexible and if she wants to lick...nothing will stop her.


To remedy the situation, I purchased a nice little lampshade head cone for her to wear (pictures on that to follow). But she was still pretty groggy from the anesthesia and it made her head droop. So every time she took a step the bottom of the collar would jab into the ground and she would stop short. It was funny...but ultimately sad to watch. So I decided to bring her to work with me so I could watch her in case she started licking.

So far we've made quite a spectacle of ourselves. Lily has been quite popular with the coworkers and was even abandoned by me for 1 1/2 hours while I went to a staff meeting I forgot about when I decided to bring her up. She has been most unloving to others because so far today anytime she's encountered a stranger they've either knocked her out or stuck a finger up her butt (that's another procedure she'd rather you not know about).

But she's been a good girl and has curled up on the floor of my cube. She hasn't been sleeping much. I think every time she closes her eyes she has an image of a gloved finger coming her way..... Poor puppy. :(


2 comments:

Jan said...

Hey Babe! You sure are going through a lot of interesting experiences with Lily. People with kids don't do as much doctoring as you do, LOL! I love Lily stories :-).

Poor Lily, I hope she heals well.

Love,
Momma

KPrince said...

Ahhh poor Lily! Well I am glad you got he all fixed up! Her cyst is kinda like one I had removed on my shoulder 5 years ago....it just bugs ya..and you don't want it getting bigger!!