Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Elbow Grease Part Deux

The fun continues this weekend. We picked up that huge pile of branches the tree created (it took four trailer loads). Our enormous lawn takes about 45 min to mow (that's just he backyard). And it's been going crazy with all the rain we've been getting. So Eric mowed the lawn and he does a better job than I do. He goes all the way back to the edge so everything's in a straight line. You should see how I mow -- it's hilarious. Lines all over the place. Anyway, I planted flowers and he mowed.

This is our current project that's not quite finished. We got a start on it on Memorial Day. The side of our garage has beautiful rose bushes that line it. Of course you cannot tell from the top picture because we really let it get out of control. It's the mini-jungle. There is lava rock in between all the weeds. And the roses were mostly dead growth. So we spent about 3 hours raking the lava rock out and I pruned the rose bushes. The bottom picture is the final product -- it looks great and we're not even done! We plan on putting down some light colored river rock (that lines the house). It's going to look so great. We are well on our way to making this house a home!

4 comments:

The MacGregors said...

Kathy,

I LOVE your blog! Keep it coming! Eric tripping over the sandbox was hilarious! :)

Caleb said...

Wow you really did a great job, hopefully Caleb was inspired at your house as to what to do at ours.

Jan said...

Your lawn and roses look beautiful! Who knew that lurking in all those weeds were such pretty roses. I hope you get lots of roses this summer.

It was fun helping you guys cut down the trees.

Love,
Momma Jan

Anonymous said...

Kathy,

I didn't realize there were roses along the garage. Sure looks nice now. Roses are a real bugger to clean out. I would have cleaned that area with the lawn mower. No thorns to deal with that way. :)

Dad