Monday, June 02, 2008

The Mall of America

Sunday was another busy day after we got back at Midnight from our trek across Minneapolis post-Twins game. We got up on Sun morning and went swimming. Eric helped A-man to swim and get more comfortable in the water. I wasn't down there yet when this happened, but A-man was running around the side of the pool and slipped. Luckily he didn't hit his head or break anything, but it was hard enough of a fall that his earplugs popped out! Yikes. I don't think I've seen that kid cry from being hurt -- what a trooper.
Then in the afternoon, on the way out of town, we went to the MN Zoo in Apple Valley. We didn't have a lot of time and it was hot (probably only like 82 degrees...I'm not looking forward to the rest of the summer), but we managed to see a few things. We saw the tigers, the Underwater adventures, and the tropical dome. We took a train ride around the outside of the park. It was pretty cool to see the critters from the air.
Above: Bingo's dream.
Anthony said the Flamingo's legs were broken. He must have been looking forward to the Flamingos because we saw some pink floating balls in a pond and he screamed in delight, "Flamingos!!!"
I can't remember what type of a critter this is (I just remember the sign said that he's NOT a monkey. I think it's a macqaue). Anyway, he was hanging out like this with his arms up like he was chillin. After a while he got up and sat in the crook of the tree in the "thinking man" pose. I wish I could know what he was thinking about.

The red pandas were a little elusive. My battery was running low at this point and I was trying to get as many snaps as I could. When one did turn around his little face reminded me of a Lily. They were sure cuddly.


These Japanese snow monkeys were fun to watch. There were some babies with them that a momma was nursing. I liked this shot of this one.

My pictures of the Discovery Bay didn't turn out very well because it was just too dark. I didn't have my flash on because it reflected and I didn't want to spaz out the sharks floating by. It would have ruined my day if the flash tripped some primal instinct in its pea brain and it rushed the glass. So I'm just left with some blurry, pretty colors.


Our illustrious traveling posse. What happens in Redwood Falls, stays in Redwood Falls.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun trip! Can you imagine what would happen if we all went to Las Vegas??? (what goes on in Vegas, stays in Vegas!) You guys are great sports and great traveling companions---Besides, you can read maps!!! PS--We've been to Redwood Falls and BACK!

Anonymous said...

Holy Uncle Eric and Auntie Kathy are angels. Anthony had a blast and hasn't stopped talking about the WHOLE trip even the Redwood adventures hehehe! I am not sure how many times I have heard Anthony say "when are E and K coming home again?" SOON I hope!! I hope that Lily wasn't too spoiled and hasn't denied you her daily routine! You just tell her anytime she wants to go cruising let me know and I will come pick her up!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Love you guys talk soon!

Jan said...

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun on this trip. Amazing how many sights you can cram into such a short time! Anthony sure is a cutie and I think he's got his aunt and uncle tied around his little finger!

KPrince said...

YEAH I finally got your blog address again and can read up on you!! Looks like ya'll had fun....gotta love the zoo! I also love the comment about bingo....gotta love the pet humor! haha!