Friday, October 27, 2006

I'm back!




I was MIA for a little while but I have some free time and I'm ready to post. I don't really have many new pictures, but here is a small offering. I have been pretty busy with work, but our computer has been down for the past few weeks. We decided to "nuke" it because it was acting very slow and gave us the blue screen of death (not exactly, but that's more dramatic). It did give us a blue screen, but was stuck. I called my cousing who is a computer genius and has his own business and asked what to do He suggested my brother nuke it and we start over. Right after we got it back we went back East for Pheasant opener and then I've been working since. Eric's had a big project at school so our leisure surfing time has been not very important.

We've slowly been putting the programs back onto our computer. That's kind of wierd -- I didn't realize all of the "stuff" we had on there that goes away when you wipe out your operating system. It's kind of a good feeling -- like a colonic (though I've never had one). We feel all clean and light now!

Eric's sick and we have been debating if he has the bird flu. He was cleaning pheasants this weekend and he is the only one that's sick. So we had to get on the internet today and check out bird flu symptoms. We even bought a thermometer to check for fever, but we're cleared. He didn't roll around in the pheasant poop, so I think his chances of contracting the disease are less than 0%. We were thinking, though, if it was positive, we could get a book deal and when the big pandemic strikes, Eric could run to the grocery store for us since he's already immune. But luckily we don't have to go there.

5 comments:

Caleb said...

no rolling in the bird poop huh?, I guess next time he'll have to try harder.
Whose dog is Eric talking to, did you get another one? I'm glad that you are back, and had a better time wiping your computer than we did. Kami

Anonymous said...

Ok what's with the dog? Dont tell me the Hildebrandt family is up to six now!! Haha. It looks like it was a good hunt for Eric. On a sad note Jacob dosnt' recognise Bingo anymore. I knew this day was coming but it's sad all the same.
-Caleb

Anonymous said...

Oops, Kami's post hadn't "posted" yet when I wrote mine, hence the double dog comment. -Caleb

Anonymous said...

Hey, glad to hear that Eric doesn't have the bird flu---However a book deal would not be a bad thing!!! Along with a book deal comes appearances on Oprah, Dr. Phil and Letterman!!! We don't have the bird flu at school, we just get head lice. Wonder if I could write a book about that??? ha ah he he LaRae

KPrince said...

Now that is a lot of birds! YUCK!!! haha! You can tell I am not a hunter!