Sunday, October 01, 2006

Autumn in the Black Hills






Today was a perfect fall day -- 80 degrees and sunny. We decided to go on a drive through the scenic Spearfish Canyon in the northern Hills.....us and about 300 other people. It was so packed!! There were motorcycles everywhere -- it was like a Sturgis Rally encore. We managed to find a place to pull off the road and take a few pictures. Then we stopped at the Black Hills National Cemeteary for veterans. I've always wanted to go on a sunny day with the brilliant white headstones. It really was beautiful.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Man I miss the fall. It does look so gorgeous and fun. Crazy that so many people were out. But at least you got to see all the stuff and had a good time. THe cemetary does look really cool. Very fun, Kami

Anonymous said...

Great fall pics! The canyon looks beautiful. Hope you're doing well!

KPrince said...

I love it! I wish North Dakota was that pretty...ugh! Oh well!