


Well, my 26th birthday came and went without much fanfare. Birthdays don't have quite the same meaning they used to as when I was little or 21. That was the only birthday where I actually felt "different" (and I'm not just talking about a hangover). Since I'm a year younger than all my friends my birthdays never really had much oomph to them!
My brother and his wife and baby went to dinner with us and then we came up for some Coldstone Strawberry cake (my folks know how to pick cake!). I found a Chicken Dance Elmo at a garage sale for $1.25 that day and Olivia, our niece, really got a kick out of it. And we couldn't get the stupid song out of our head for the next two days.
Then on Saturday we went out to supper at the fanciest restaraunt in town (not too hard to make that distinction) with my good friend from college, Rachel, and her boyfriend, Seth. We had a nice time talking with them and "breaking" him in to the group. Eric gave me crap all night and by the end of the night Seth had joined in. So I consider him officially "in" if he can stand a night with Eric and I.
All in all -- a good birthday.
3 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday!
Sorry to miss your big day-I Owe You dinner next time we are in teh same area of the state! Isn't it weird to say you are 26!!!
Love you anyways!
Lura
but you still had a fun birthday! I'm glad that you went to dinner and had a good time. I hate it when I get a song stuck in my head, and the chicken dance is one of the worst. only 26, wow I remember that! ti seems so long ago now, just kidding.
How old is your niece again? I can never remember? I am doing good to remember how old I am....much less anyone else! haha!
Kara
Post a Comment