I started seeing a chiropractor to determine if my headaches and neck pains were related to that. I'm thinking they are. For the last several months I was getting some wicked headaches that I think may have been migraines. But since I don't like going to the doctor for stuff like that (and it costs me $30 for them to say "track your symptoms and take some advil.") I sought out a massage. The massage felt great and the massage therapist suggested I might try a chiropractor. OMG. I went for a consultation and had an x-ray taken and some other scans done. I was a little hesistant about the "quackiness" factor of this field, but I am a believer and now a pusher. The x-ray showed my upper part of my spine completely jacked up. And the scan showed me in black and white where my muscles were screaming at me. It completely explains the headaches on only the right side of my head. Toothaches on the right side of my body, etc. I've gone in about 5 or 6 times now and she cracks the hell out me. The first time actually scared me because it sounded like my head was snapping off. But immediately the pressure that I've been feeling for years was gone. It's been amazing -- no headaches since. What I learned about chiropractic that I didn't know before is that it's not just about the bones of our spine. It's about the nervous system since all of our nerves are intertwined with our spine. If the bones of the spine are off it puts pressure on the nerves which really can trigger any sort of pain or "illness" in every part of our body. So enough about me.
Eric is doing fine. He's been working those crazy 8pm-4am shifts and now is going in from 11pm-7am tonight. It is really starting to suck. He's completely disoriented during the day and so we don't do much together or outside. But I can hardly blame him. It really feels like our life is on hold while he's at this job. Needless to say...this won't last long. Don't even get him started on how much it affects the hunting season. It's pure torture for him.
2 comments:
I've been to the chiropractor a few times. I think Caleb could use it, but we will have to wait until we move. With the issues we have here in Louisiana, I'm not sure I dare try that here. And of course Tricare won't cover any part of it, but that is life. Sorry Eric, sometimes sacrifices must be made. Maybe next year you will enjoy the hunting season a little more. Kami
People keep telling me that I need to go. I am in so much pain sometimes. I think after having the two BIG babies....it compressed something, threw something off....etc....anyway...I am in pain! I just hate the thought of all the cracking. I am one of those that HATES finger cracking...so you can imagine.
Post a Comment