Saturday, September 15, 2007

Book Reviews

So I'm sure many of you don't come to my blog to get book reviews (but what else are you really here for? Not the 50th picture of one of our animals...no one can tell them apart anyway!)

I've been doing a lot of reading this summer since it's been to freaking hot to really do anything and it's a good activity I can do while spending time with Eric while he's recuperating from the midnight shift.

If you are looking for some quick, easy chick-flick books then I highly recommend anything by Jane Green. The one I started with was Jemima J. My coworker just read it and really enjoyed it. It's by a British author and is kind of an ugly duckling to beautiful swan story.

I just finished my marathon reading of the 600-page book, "The Other Boleyn Girl" by Phillippa Gregory. It's historical fiction surrounding King Henry VIII's court and the lesser-known sister of Anne Boleyn, Mary. It spans about 10-15 years, I think and is a fast, easy read. It just sucked me in. I was so hooked that I ran back up to my hotel room during a 15-minute training break to keep reading!! This is the first book I've read by this author and I plan on hitting the library to read them all. So now I'm currently obsessed with Henry VIII and that whole period. And I found out that it's being made into a movie to be released in Feb '08 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0467200/).




2 comments:

KPrince said...

Good on you for reading. I stink at reading. I will live through you for now....ok!?? ha!

Anonymous said...

Hey~
How are those headaches you had? Getting better I hope!! :) Finally updated again so come check us out! Love you~

Kay