Monday, June 02, 2008

Twins vs Yankees

We had a fun weekend up in the Twin Cities. Eric and I went with Eric's mom & dad, Anthony, and Janel, a family friend. We left on Sat morning and came back on Sun night. We really packed a lot into those few hours. Saturday night was the Twins game against the Yankees. I hadn't been to a MLB game since I was in the 6th grade (it was a Cincinnati Reds game). It was GREAT! What energy in the Metrodome .

And having the Yankees there was even more exciting. It was fun seeing so many of the athletes that you normally hear about on TV in person. We rode the Metro train to the stadium from the Mall of America. We weren't the only ones, though -- the train was standing room only after the game. But it's really funny how friendly people are when you are standing and your armpit is right over their head. Everyone just talks like it's no big deal. It makes me wonder if it was just the spirit of the game or if it's like that because we are still in the Midwest. Makes me wonder what it's like to ride on trains in big cities like NY or Chicago. Yuck. Couldn't pay me enough to live with all those people -- but it's sure fun to visit.




I
We had fun making signs to hold up so that we might get circled by Bert Blylevyn, the announcer for the Twins. Alas, we got screwed, but it was fun making up the signs. Tell me which one you like the best (you'll make someone's day if you vote for the right one!) (Click on the picture to make it bigger).

5 comments:

The MacGregors said...

Wow! It's a tough call, but I like Anthony's sign better! :)

Anonymous said...

I vote for Kathy's sign!!!

Anonymous said...

Would you get suspicious if I voted like 100 times? Is this like American Idol where we can call in??? ha ah he he

Anonymous said...

I will buy anyone a candy bar that picks Anthony's sign!! Kathy I am currently singing that lovely song----I am sure you know how it goes! I couldn't imagine you would forget it! If you have forgotten please refer yourself to Jeff Dunham and his partner Peanut!!! hahaha love you guys talk soon

Tiffany said...

Fun stuff, Kathy! You guys have had a good couple of weeks! Can't wait to see you next time :o)