Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Ultrasound Pics



Above: The baby's profile. At the top you can see its little nose. Below that are big, fat lips and then its chin. You can see how its forehead is rounded at the top. I think that big round thing at the top left is the umbilical cord, because it shows up in every picture. I'm quite sure the tech was careful to not include any genitalia in the shots.

Below: This is the baby looking straight at us. Was a little freaky when it turned and did that. You can see the great big eye socket toward the top of the baby. You can see its cheek and chin pretty well, too. I'm thinking maybe that's its hand right underneath its chin? In one of these she said that it had its arm and elbow up by its face. The thing that's freaking us out is that big, black spot on its skull. Hopefully its a shadow or soft spot. Not a hole or something! The tech didn't let on that we had a problem...but she's a pro and would have to mask something like that anyway...


So I wasn't going to have an ultrasound, but something made me crazy and I decided to get one. Since my doc doesn't do them in his office, we had to go over to the hospital to have an ultrasound tech do one. I didn't realize that since she wasn't my doctor, she couldn't really give us any information on the baby other than pointing out its features. We got to see the face a lot and then we saw it's little legs and foot. It was kicking the snot out of me during the whole thing. We saw its little heart, kidneys and stomach. Even got to see its bladder, which was full! Like mother, like baby, I guess.

The pictures we got were of the torso and up only. She didn't even go over its nether-regions while she was showing us so we still truly have no idea what it is. We were happy for that. My doctor appt is on Thursday morning and the worst part about this ultrasound is that we have to wait until Thursday to find out if there any problems. To make matter worse, we see a big black spot in the middle of its head on the second picture, so of course we think it's got a giant hole in its head. I guess when no information is given (and we understand why they can't), it's easy to fill in the blanks with all kinds of worries. I'm surprised because I haven't had any major anxieties up until this point...why now? But I guess it goes with the territory. It

It was really active the whole time. She said that it kept bringing its arm up to its mouth, which I find hilarious. Like it was trying to gnaw it off (told you it was a hungry little thing!). The baby weights 2lbs 13 oz, which I think is slightly above normal for 29 weeks. I think that means we're not having a dwarf, which I was seriously afraid of since I seem so relatively small for this point in the pregnancy (well, I'm plenty huge, but I'm talking baby bump).

More to come on Thursday when the doctor can tell us everything is fine. Then I can stop thinking about it. Until then, here are the pics.


3 comments:

KPrince said...

well good...you finally got to see your little one :o) I wish I could see mine right now....last time I saw it...it was tiny :o( Oh well....

I can't wait to hear the update on Thursday! I am positive everything is great....she just has to follow hospital policy and let the Dr interpret the results. You wouldn't want her guessing on stuff anyway!

Caleb said...

Those are great pictures. And i'm sure nothing is wrong with it's head. even thugh they are suposed to mask it I have had the tech say, oh wjust a minute I want to look at that again and get a few more pictures. and that would freak me out. if she didn't then I'm sure it's all fine!!

Anonymous said...

HAY--- (get it hay lol) We are anxioux to meet the newest member of the Hildebrandt family!!! Take good care of yourself and that baby. Time goes fast and before you know it they will be here!
-The Hildebrandt Gang