Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Picture Backlog

Here are some random pictures that I've been meaning to post, but haven't been caught up. This kind of sums up our December....

In the beginning of December, we went to our friend, Annie's, wedding. It was fun catching up with old friends from college and seeing another pal join the club.

I was able to visit Tony & Kayla while I was out in RC for some training. Unfortunately it also happened to be the night that Olivia barfed a few times and then Noah got sick the next day. Everyone's mind was elsewhere, but they had a few good hours of unsickness. Tell me they aren't going to look identical when they're older!
Looks like a typical night at our house. Bingo is so loveable he just HAS to be up someone's lap if they're on the couch. We kind of have our nightly ritual when I dock myself on the couch for the evening to read, Bingo jumps up right away and lays on my stomach. Then Lily begs to be brought up to the couch, where she snuggles up by my feet. Sometimes Yoda even gets up there by Bingo and then I'm totally locked in by pets. I swear I have to disrupt everyone's slumber just to get up and go to the bathroom. And when I do that..watch out! They give me evil, evil glares.
Lily is our short-school bus dog. She is so sweet and good natured, but she really got the shaft in the medical department. She has some sort of skin disorder and she needs lots of baths with her special shampoo. I was always giving her a bath in the tub, but there was so much room that she would walk around when was trying to rinse her with warm water. So I was just chasing a wet, shivering Shih-Tzu around the tub, not really accomplishing much. After about 5 years of this, I suddenly had the idea last week to put her in the sink and wash her. Wow! I totally can't believe I didn't think of that sooner. It worked well. She only tried to kamikaze jump out of the sink once. I don't know what kids could throw at us that these creatures have not yet!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice picture from Annie's wedding! A.man said to tell you he misses Lily!

Caleb said...

I'm glad you posted more. I understand about being closed in and when you have to get up everyone gets upset. We're not certain what is up with Caleb anymore, but would love to get together some weekend. We are free pretty much any weekend, we can come donw, you can come up, or we can meet in the middle somewhere. Caleb wants to start flying again soon, so he might come visit.

Anonymous said...

Annie sure is cute in her dress. She looks like a little doll.
Burrrrr. What's all that white stuff on the ground when you went sledding?? Just kidding. Sleds don't go well in the sand. Bet Anthony thought sledding was a real hoot. Great activity for kids!!!
Dad