Friday, December 14, 2007

Ready for Christmas







Eric and I finally got our Christmas decorations up. We have a 7.5' artificial tree, but it's too big for our living room, so Eric left off the bottom part of the tree stalk and now we have a little mini tree. We put some books under the base so at least it's as tall as us. That was my requirement. We have a house, not an apartment in New York, so our tree has to at least be life-size.


I also caught Bingo loving on the celery. I was using it to make stuffing and it was sitting on the pub table. When I turned around Bingo had jumped on the table and was frantically rubbing his face on the celery. I think I heard somewhere that celery is related to catnip. He was obsessed! His little back was twitching and he rubbed his face against it for 10 min. He smelled pretty when he was done. Then he was all fired up and went to kick the crap out of someone. The latest kitty troublemaking is playing with the Christmas tree. Yoda sits under it and I hear a 'scritch, scritch' sound. Yoda is staring straight at me with her huge kitty eyes, but her head is half turned and she's gnawing on the tree limbs. I yell "Freeze!" and she stops, mouth half open. She's completely baiting me -- she just wants to play. I can't even get mad it's so hilarious.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

It's nice that oyu are ready for christmas. And Bingo is hilarious.

Jan said...

What a nice Christmas tree you have! Good solution to make it fit your room! I had to look twice at the picture of Lily, are those angel wings I see? Made me laugh!

Also looks like I see snow out the window, could that be? Or is it just light outside that looks like snow to me?

Love,
Momma Jan

Anonymous said...

Bingo's a hoot. I've never seen a creature so crazy over celery. Careful or you might have to send him drug rehab.

Dad